Nigh University Center
Monday - Friday : 8 AM - 5 PM
2013 Teacher Job Fair
April 3, 2013 @ 9:00 - 12:00
UCO Nigh University Center, Grand Ballroom, 3rd Floor
The Teacher Job Fair hosts many school districts and education organizations recruiting for a wide range of education certification areas, administration positions, speech and language pathologists, nurses, counselors, psychologists, psychometrists, or library media specialists. Professional attire is required for entry. Access to the event is free and open to the public.
Are you seeking a job in education? Dress professionally, bring multiple copies of your resume, research the organizations you intend to meet, and come prepared to network/interview for education opportunities as well as ask questions and collect information about the organizations hiring process. Click here for a list of attending organizations.
Are you a school district/education organization? Register through HireBronchos to meet, interview, and/or accept resumes from UCO candidates for full-time employment, internships, and/or graduate school. For registration fees, visit the "Career Event REGISTRATION" section of HireBronchos.
Why your organization should recruit at UCO:
- UCO averages more than 200 students in attendance at the Teacher Job Fair!
- UCO has 231 teacher education seniors graduating during the 2012-2013 academic year!
- UCO offers 25 undergraduate degree programs and 17 graduate programs including 25 different degrees and various Professional Certifications such as Guidance & Counseling, Library Media Specialist, Reading Specialist, Educational Administration, School Psychology, and Speech Language Pathology.
- More than 5,500 UCO students have declared majors in fields within the Education and Professional Studies College.
- UCO’s College of Education and Professional Studies is a Founding Partner and home to The Urban Teacher Preparation Academy which offers a year-long student teaching experience with intensive mentoring and an enhance curriculum infused with technology to better serve the needs of students in urban schools.
- All UCO teacher education programs are accredited by NCATE (continuously since 1954) and approved by the Oklahoma Commission for Teacher Preparation.
- UCO was established in 1890 as the Territorial Normal School and represents the oldest teacher education program in the state.
To volunteer for the Teacher Job Fair, please visit the volunteer opportunities page. For more information concerning the Fair or UCO Career Services, call (405) 974-3346.